14/06/2014

What the fuck is wrong with you…



So I was sitting on the bus yesterday, having had to quickly change my plan from walking as reality decided that it was monsoon season and I was without an umbrella. So I picked up a newspaper and saw a small note on a person robbing two women, this is in its own right a bad thing but his choice of victims are what really got me thinking. The target for this theft was two beggars… Seriously… How the fuck do you wake up one morning and decide that the best course of action to sustain your habit is to rob a beggar, and I am going to assume for peace of mind that this was someone very desperate with a deep drug habit and not your average garden variety asshole… Now this is not to say that I cannot understand how this idea enters someone’s mind, what I have a problem with is putting said idea in to action. You… Do… Not… Steal… From… Somebody… That… Have… Resorted… To… Begging… Now one can say what they want about the practice of begging but I think we can all agree too that doing so is never a first choice and that it can be seen as common cutesy to at least not mistreat them. Ignore them all you want but they are actually human beings. And people wonder why I in general does not trust humanity as a whole with a dry sponge without expecting them to hurt them self or someone else with it, it is because stories like this keep reaffirming that it is a good stance to take. That way I at least does not get surprised and it keeps my blood pressure at healthy levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment